Duty on shares
Generally, you do not have to pay duty or lodge documents for a transfer of shares in a private or public corporation.
However, duty may still apply if you acquire shares in a corporation that:
- has land-holdings in Queensland of $2 million or more—see landholder duty for more information
- holds property on trust. Find out more about corporate trustee duty.
- Find out when transfer duty applies.
- Learn about lodging and paying transfer duty.
- Read about abolished duties and taxes.