Help for people affected by natural disasters
We know that natural disasters can cause financial hardship for our clients and customers, so we provide help to those in affected areas.
Tax and royalty obligations
When you have been affected by a cyclone or major flooding, for example, we don’t want you to worry about your revenue obligations at the same time.
We can help by:
- extending the time to lodge documents or returns with us
- extending the time for payments without charging interest
- arranging a payment plan, where you can pay your debt by instalments.
Contact us using our online enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to discuss what we can do:
- Select General as the Subject of enquiry.
- Provide your name and contact details, and a time frame for us to call you back.
- Give us your client or reference number if possible.
- Start the Details of enquiry field with the words Disaster relief, and provide as much information as you can.
Unpaid fines and penalties
We recognise the effect natural disasters in Queensland have on people and their financial circumstances.
In the event of a natural disaster, we take steps to reduce these impacts.
If you believe disaster-related hardship could affect your dealings with us, please contact SPER.
Find out more about:
- See the Queensland Government website for more services and support for people affected by disasters, emergencies and pandemics.