Update your land tax details
If you are liable for land tax, you must keep your details up to date. This is because incorrect information can lead to delays in our correspondence, assessment errors and penalties.
After we first advise you of your liability, you have an ongoing obligation to tell us if:
- you have changed your postal address or other contact details since your last assessment
- you no longer meet exemption eligibility on all or part of the land
- the land details on your assessment are incomplete or incorrect
- you receive multiple assessments for your land
- you think your resident status will change to absentee, or your citizenship or visa status changes
- you demolish or renovate your home and you have a home exemption
- vacant land (for which you have a charitable institution exemption) is not used for an exempt purpose within the required time
- your foreign trust or corporate status changes.
Tell us as soon as possible when your circumstances change. Penalties may apply if you do not notify us within certain timeframes.
The best way to tell us about changes is to use QRO Online. Other methods may result in delays.
Follow these steps to update your address and bank details:
- Log in to QRO Online.
- Select Manage details from the side menu.
For other changes, select Submit enquiry.
You can also use QRO Online to:
- manage exemptions
- assign someone to act on your behalf
- make payments.
You can email your update to email@example.com.
Include the following information so that we can confirm your identity and update your details correctly:
- Individuals and absentees—name, date of birth, postal address, client number.
- Trusts—name of trust and trustee, ABN or ACN, postal address, client number, your relationship to the entity (e.g. director).
- Companies—name of company, ABN or ACN, postal address, client number, your relationship to the entity (e.g. director).
Call 1300 300 734 (Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5.00pm)
We can only change contact details for individuals, absentees and directors of an entity or corporate trustee over the phone.
Queensland Revenue Office
GPO Box 2476
Brisbane Qld 4001