Skip to content
Queensland Government - Queensland Revenue Office
Queensland Government - Queensland Revenue Office

Fines and infringements

We administer and manage fines for camera-detected offences, fines issued in person and fines for failing to pay overdue tolls.

Frequently asked questions

If you’re experiencing financial hardship and can’t afford to pay your fine before the due date in full, you can set up a payment plan.

If your fine is overdue and you have received an enforcement order, contact the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER).

If you’re a victim of domestic and family violence and have received a fine or enforcement order that you weren’t responsible for, you may be able to apply for the fine to be withdrawn.

If you have lost your infringement notice or didn’t receive it in the mail, you can find it by logging into My account.

Don’t forget: you must tell the Department of Transport and Main Roads within 14 days if you change your name or address.

Learn how to:

If you paid a fine after the due date, the payment may not be accepted by the agency that issued it. The fine will be referred to SPER and you’ll be sent an enforcement order.

You should contact the agency that issued the fine to confirm that your payment was for the infringement number included in the enforcement order.

For camera-detected fines, you can contact us. Otherwise, check your infringement notice for who to contact.

If you disagree with your camera-detected fine, you can send us an email enquiry. You’ll need to provide any evidence or information to support your claim.

We’ll review the infringement notice and advise you of the outcome. If you’re dissatisfied with the outcome, you can dispute the fine in court.