Transfer duty estimator
You can use this estimator to find out how much transfer (stamp) duty you may need to pay.
Use this estimator only where:
- there is 1 transaction
- your contract is dated after 21 September 2012
- none of the buyers are foreign persons (including companies and trusts) for the purposes of additional foreign acquirer duty.
If a concession is being claimed, only use this estimator where:
- all buyers are claiming the same concession type
- 100% of the property is being acquired from the seller
- there is no gift component
- there is no combination of residential and non-residential (e.g. farm with a home).
Otherwise, use the transfer duty calculator.
The estimator is a guide only—it is not a substitute for professional advice.