Completing your HomeBuilder grant application
The HomeBuilder grant closed to new applications on 14 April 2021. If you applied, you have until 30 June 2025 to complete your application, which includes providing all supporting documents.
You will not receive payment of the grant unless, by 30 June 2025:
- The status of your application is ‘Submitted for processing’ or ‘Lodged’.
- You have provided the correct supporting documents.
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
Any supporting documents received after that date will not be accepted.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org now if you have any queries.
How to complete your application
There are some important things you should do now to ensure you don’t miss out on the grant. Follow the steps below before 30 June 2025 to ensure your application is completed in time.
1. Contract type
Make sure you selected the correct contract type as part of your application. You can check this by reviewing the supporting documents page in the application.
It’s important that you selected the correct contract type because each one has different supporting document requirements.
- Buying a new home—for example, you signed a sales contract to buy an off-the-plan home (e.g. apartment or townhouse) or to buy a new home (recently built home that has never been sold or lived in)
- Building a new home—you entered into a comprehensive home building contract to build a new home on your land.
- Renovating a home—you entered into a contract to substantially renovate your home. This can be either to alter the existing dwelling or to demolish an existing home and build a new home on the land.
If you have selected the wrong contract type, you will need to upload the correct supporting documents for your contract type under Other.
2. Supporting documents
It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct supporting documents are provided by 30 June 2025. If you do not provide the documents by this date, you will not be paid the grant.
If the status of your application is ‘Documents required’, it means we’re waiting on supporting documents.
You can upload documents under Other. Detailed instructions on how to do this are on the ‘Supporting documents’ page in the application.
Note: You can only upload documents one at a time—that is, you can’t upload several documents at the same time.
Find out about supporting document requirements for:
If you have any queries or have trouble uploading documents to your application, email email@example.com now.
3. Complete your application
Once you have provided the correct supporting documents, the status of your application must be ‘Submitted for processing’. You won’t be able to complete your application after 30 June 2025.
An application is completed once:
- you have provided all required supporting documents for your contract type
- you have checked the relevant tick boxes on the supporting documents page
- the status of your application is ‘Submitted for processing’.
If the status of your application is ‘Lodged’, you must email your documents, with your application reference, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2025.
If you have queries about completing your application, or are unable to access it, email email@example.com now.
Log in to complete your application.
- Incomplete—you have started your application but information is missing. We will not process incomplete applications. You need to complete your application by 30 June 2025.
- Documents required—you have not provided all the documents we need. All supporting documents must be provided by 30 June 2025 to complete your application. We will not process an application in this status.
- Submitted for processing—your application is ready to be processed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct supporting documents were provided. If you are unsure, email firstname.lastname@example.org now.
- Lodged—your application has progressed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct supporting documents are provided before 30 June 2025. If you need to provide more supporting documents, you must email them to email@example.com now.
Make sure you don’t lose the grant
To keep the grant, all applicants must meet the residence requirements:
- move into the home immediately after the completed eligible transaction
- live in the home continuously for 6 months.
If you are unable to meet these residence requirements, you must tell us within 14 days. The best way is to send an email using the online enquiry form. Select Home buyer grants as the subject of enquiry.
Depending on your circumstances, you may have to pay back the grant because you are no longer eligible.
- See the meanings of definitions used in the HomeBuilder grant.
- Read the administrative direction that established the basis for the HomeBuilder grant.